All law graduates have to take the GAT to get their practice license. This is one last step between their professional life and their student life.
Now, the registrations for GAT are open for young LLB graduates.
Once you clear the law, GAT, you can apply for Bar Council Registration. And you only need 50% to pass this exam. This article covers the eligibility criteria, test patterns, centers, and how to register for the test. So continue reading if you want to know more.
Check Law GAT past papers.
Before you apply for the GAT, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The only criterion for you is that you must be an LLB graduate from a recognized institute in Pakistan. The following two bodies must recognize the institute:
- Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
- Pakistan Bar Council
Test type and syllabus
The test will only have the MCQs. You can look for the syllabus on HEC’s website. Most of the test contents are from your LLB syllabus. So, you should not have any qualms about it. You can also use past papers from preparing GAT. This will be a valuable asset for you as well.
If the number of applicants falls below 250 in any of the following cities, HEC will not conduct GAT there. In such a case, you may get transferred to any nearby city for the test.
How to register for Law GAT?
Here is how you can apply for the Law Graduate Assessment Test.
- Firstly, you need to create your profile on the ETC website if you don’t already have one.
- After this, you will find the Law GAT on the profile
- Enter all your credentials
- After this, pay 3000 PKR via your bank account or any other fintech app. You can pay this amount by entering your reference number provided on the ETC website. This is the 1Link 1Bill invoice service.
- After payment, return to your ETC portal and verify payment.
- Once the payment is verified, you must wait for the roll number slip and the test date.
This was all the information regarding Law GAT. You must clear this test, and this is pretty easy because you only have to score 50 percent marks in the test.
So what are you waiting for? Even if you fail this test, HEC conducts this test twice a year. So you can apply for it for the next time and apply for the Bar Council Registration.