In a recent announcement, Pakistan Navy announced the recruitment of PN Cadets for the 2023 A term. This is a wonderful opportunity for those who wish to join the Pakistan Navy as a PN Cadet for Permanent Commission. Interested candidates must register themselves at joinpaknavy.gov.pk before 06 November 2022.
The Pakistan Navy recruits for different induction programs based on qualifications every year. A PN Cadet completes his training in one and a half years and receives a stipend of Rs. 44,000.
A new batch of cadets is recruited twice a year in May and November.
In this article, you will learn about the following:
- What is the PN cadet course
- Operation Branch Officers
- Eligibility Criteria
- Last date to apply
- How to register
- Selection Procedure
- Recruitment and Selection Centers
- Ineligibility Conditions
- 1 What is PN Cadet Course
- 2 FAQs
What is PN Cadet Course
PN Cadet refers to Pakistan Navy Cadet. In simple terms, “CADET” refers to an applicant’s position upon joining the Pakistan Navy. Before being selected as a Pakistan Navy Cadet, young trainees undergo intellectual and physical tests. They are selected through Permanent Commissions.
Candidates selected as PN Cadets in the Pakistan Navy are retained at the Pakistan Naval Academy Islamabad. The PN Cadets remain there for one and a half (1.5) years. They are trained by senior naval officers who are highly qualified and competent in academic, mental, physical, intellectual, and professional matters.
Pakistan Navy Cadets pass out from the Pakistan Naval Academy after completing 1.5 years of training, are ranked as Midshipmen, and join the fleet. They work in different areas onboard while experiencing life at sea. After 6 months at sea, the midshipmen are commissioned as sub-lieutenants.
Read:- Join Pak Army As Female 2023
Operations Branch Officers
For further training, Operations branch sub-lieutenants enter the Naval Engineering College, where they earn a degree from NUST (National University of Science and Technology) in Electronic Engineering.
Read:- ISSb 2023 Test
Officers from the Operations branch undergo professional courses after successful engineering graduation at various schools, which include:
- Navigation & Operations
- Surface Warfare
- Under Water Warfare
- Electronic Warfare
PN Cadet Advertisement by Pakistan Navy
The following are the eligibility criteria for joining the PN cadet course at Pakistan Navy.
|Education||Matric, FSC Intermediate or Equivalent or O/A Level with|
at least 60 % Marks with the following combinations:
Physics, Maths, and Chemistry
Physics, Maths, and Computer Science
Physics, Maths, and Statistics
|Age Limit||As of 1st July 2023|
Civilian Candidates: 16 1/2 – 21 Years
Armed Forces Serving Candidates: 17-23 Years
Physical Standards and Other Criteria
|Citizenship||Citizens of Pakistan and residents of Azad Kashmir/Gilgit-Baltistan are eligible to apply.|
|Gender||Only Male Candidates|
|Height||Minimum height must be 5’4”|
|Marital Status||Unmarried Male|
|Weight||According to the Body Mass Index|
Marks Relaxation for Baloch Candidates
Baloch candidates will be given a 10% mark relaxation at the FSC / A-Level level rather than the usual 60%.
Instructions for Students
- An equivalence certificate is required for candidates with O/A Levels.
- FSc part-II candidates with at least 65% in part-I can also apply. However, they must provide a hope certificate from their college/university.
- Before 1 July 2023, the candidate must have completed his FSc / HSSC.
- Candidates who fail to attain 60% marks after providing hope certificates will be disqualified at any stage of the selection process.
- Candidates with dual citizenship will surrender their foreign citizenship upon final selection.
Related:- Join Join Pak Navy 2023
Last date to apply
Candidates can apply for the PN cadet course on joinpaknavy.gov.pk from 23rd October to 06 November 2022.
How to Register
If you wish to register, you should visit your nearest PN Recruitment & Selection Centre along with the following documents during the registration period specified by the NHQ.
- Original and attested copies of matriculation and FSc certificates
- Three passport-sized pictures
- An ID card or Registration Form ‘B’
- An uncrossed postal order for Rs. 100/- payable to Director Recruitment NHQ Islamabad
The entrance tests are as follows:
- Intelligence test
- An academic test (English, Math, Physics, and General Knowledge)
- Preliminary Medical
- Preliminary Interview
Note: Application forms will be issued to those candidates who qualify for the preliminary tests/interview and medical.
- Tests/interview at ISSB Kohat/Gujranwala/Malir/Quetta
- Medical Examination of ISSB recommended candidates in Combined Military Hospitals (CMHs)
- Interview by PN Selection Board at NHQ
- The final selection on merit by NHQ.
Recruitment and Selection Centers
|Abbottabad||Peshawar||Hyderabad||Khuzdar||Dera Ismail Khan||Rawalpindi|
|Rawalpindi||Rahim Yar Khan||Sukkur||Swat||Sialkot||Shaheed Benazirabad|
- Candidates will be rejected for the following reasons.
- The ISSB/GHQ/AHQ Selection Board has twice rejected or screened out.
- After being deemed permanently unfit by the Appeal Medical Board
- Retested within four months (120 days) of previous appearance (for not recommended candidates).
- Disqualified from any academy or training institution of the armed forces for any reason.
- Dismissed/removed/debarred from Govt Services, including Armed Forces.
- A conviction in a court of law for a crime of moral turpitude. Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B&C
- Unfit, except for those cleared by the Appeal Medical Board, by any Armed Forces Hospital.
- The candidate who will temper their academic certificates, conceal or give wrong information to gain undue advantage
- Married or Foreign National.
Please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and colleagues so that they can also take advantage of it. I am confident you will find the article “Join Pakistan Navy as PN Cadet 2023-A (Permanent Commission) – Apply Now” very helpful and informative.
Q. What is the last date to apply for the PN cadet course?
Ans: The last date to apply for the PN cadet course is November 06, 2022.
Q. For PN cadet applications, what is the maximum age limit?
Ans: The upper age limit is 21 years for the PN cadet course.
Q. Is it possible for a married person to apply for the PN cadet course?
Ans: No, a married person can not apply for the PN cadet course.