Hello, future physicians and dentists! You’ve come to the right place if you want to get into one of Punjab’s Government Medical and Dental Colleges for the 2023-24 academic year. The admissions process will begin in October. Let’s review the documentation you’ll need for your application so you’re fully prepared and do not run into any last-minute problems.
First, students must get a fresh photograph with a white background. The photo shouldn’t be more than one month old. If the female applicants wear hijab, their faces must be clear. Also, students should sign a blank page and imprint it with their left thumb.
For the rest of the documents, continue reading.
Domicile is essential
The Punjab Domicile is not just a regular paper; it is essential. It is mandatory to have it for the application process. Don’t try to replace it with an identification card, B-form, passport, or birth certificate. Important factors to keep in mind:
- Candidates from Islamabad (ICT) can apply for Open Merit seats in Punjab.
- Overseas Pakistanis and people with mixed nationality? There is no requirement for a domicile for quota seats. However, if you live in a specific underdeveloped region like Cholistan, ensure your domicile certificate reflects such.
Attest matric and intermediate certificates
You have to attest all of your matric and intermediate certificates.
Remember this for our overseas candidates with qualifications like A-levels or the equivalent degree from international schools and colleges:
- For your 10th and 12th grade examinations, obtain an Equivalence Certificate or Provisional Equivalence Letter from IBCC.
- Ensure proof that you took Biology, Chemistry, and Physics/Mathematics in grades 11 and 12.
Attest ID cards
Presenting your CNIC, NICOP, POC, B-Form/Child Registration Certificate (CRC), or Passport is sufficient. Also, send an identity paper from one of your parents.
Your Iqama, Residence Permit, Green Card, or Foreign Passport is required for our Pakistani students studying abroad or dual nationality holders. Just make sure that none of these documents are out of date!
Required documents for quota seats
If you’re applying for quota seats, you must provide this part.
- Your Education Verification Certificate is essential for reserved seats in underdeveloped districts. This requires confirmation from the appropriate authorities, so double-check!
- A Cholistan Development Authority-issued certificate is your ticket to Cholistan’s special seat.
- Candidates who are physically handicapped must present a Disability Certificate from the concerned authorities.
Instructions about submitting the documents online
Because you’re doing everything online:
- Make sure you have JPG/JPEG soft copies.
- For flawless scans, use programs like CamScanner.
- File sizes should not exceed 2 MB.
- Upload only originals, never photocopies.
- Ensure that each document is clear, readable, and correctly labeled.
- Scan both sides of a dual-sided paper.
- Upload official translations of non-English/Urdu papers as well.
Your ability to follow the application procedure attentively will determine your success in obtaining an MBBS or BDS seat at a prominent college in Punjab.
Check everything three times! Remember, you only must upload the relevant papers. You don’t want to jeopardize your future by cutting shortcuts or falsifying documents. Always go to the official UHS website for more information.
Best wishes, and here’s to a smooth admissions process!