Are you interested in joining the Pakistan Air Force as GD Pilot in 2023? This article explains everything you need to know about the General Duty Pilot (GDP) application process. You will find detailed information about PAF pilot vacancies, their eligibility criteria, and how to apply.
One of every child’s dreams is to fly an aircraft one day. Becoming a pilot is a challenging and rewarding career path that can open many doors in life. Flying an aircraft requires skill, dedication, and knowledge, which you can gain by obtaining your pilot’s license.
The Pakistan Air Force allows individuals to accomplish this dream by becoming pilots. An advertisement has been published for GD Pilot 154 Online Registration for Regular Commissions in the Pakistan Air Force. You can apply if you want to fulfill your dreams.
In this article, you’ll learn about the following:
- What is GD Pilot
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Ineligibility Conditions
- Future Prospects
- Selection Procedure
What is GD Pilot
The General Duty Pilot (GDP) in the Pakistan Air Force is responsible for flying aircraft and leading aircrews on various missions. This includes transport, reconnaissance, combat, search and rescue, relief operations, and more.
GDPs are highly trained professionals with specialized navigation, aerial combat, and tactical planning skills. They must be proficient in the principles of aviation, aircraft systems, and safety procedures.
In addition, They must be physically fit and able to maintain their composure under pressure. They must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate leadership throughout their missions.
General Duty Pilots are expected to provide exemplary service as they carry out their duties to ensure the success of the Mission.
The General Duty Pilot is a permanent commission job in the PAF for candidates who meet general service training, flying, and academic standards.
Read:- Join Pak Army As Captain
Several lifesaving skills are taught, including sharp observation of the sky for enemies, practice dogfights against articulated enemy aircraft, and skills to shoot accurately. A GD pilot’s training is the most critical and formative.
The following are the eligibility criteria for joining Pak Air Force 154 GD Pilot.
A candidate must have passed with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in any of the following:
- F.Sc (Pre-engineering, Pre-Medical, Computer Science)
- A’Level with Physics and Mathematics or Biology (equivalent to Pre-Engineering or Pre-Medical)
- An F.Sc in Physics with two other subjects (Maths, Stats, Computer Science, and Biology).
Instructions for A’Level Students:
A minimum of 60% aggregate marks is needed for applicants to be eligible to apply in Pakistan without obtaining an equivalence certificate.
In case of passing the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination abroad or in Pakistan with less than three Cs, the candidates must submit an equivalence certificate issued by the Inter Board of Chairman Committee (IBCC).
Read:- Afns Test Preparation
Marks sheet/Certificate Verification
Candidates who lack certificates or duplicate or revised mark sheets/certificates of their Matric/Intermediate exams should obtain a Verification Certificate signed by the Secretary/Controller of Examinations of the concerned Board/University.
- Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for GD Pilot.
- Only Unmarried candidates can apply for the GD Pilot.
- 16 August 2023 – 24 August
- Height 5’-4” (163 cm)
- Vision 6/6 each eye (Without Glasses)
Duration of the Course
Upon completing the course, Candidates will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management degree.
Citizens of Pakistan and Azad Kashmir/Gilgit-Baltistan are eligible to apply. Candidates with dual citizenship will surrender their foreign citizenship upon final selection.
16 to 22 years.
- Permanent Commission for Male Candidates (PC)
- Short Service Commission for Female Candidates (SSC)
- Certificate/Marks Sheet of Matric/FA/FSc/Equivalent.
- A computerized national identity card is required for candidates over 18 (old cards will not be accepted).
- If you are under 18, you must present the computerized Form “B” along with your Guardian’s computerized National Identity Card (father or mother).
- Documents mentioned above, along with photocopies
- Three passport-size color photos with front and back attestations from a Principal/Class-1 Gazetted Officer.
- A tampered academic certificate
- Two rejections by the Interservice Selection Board (ISSB), the General Headquarters Selection Board (GHQ), the Naval Headquarters Selection Board (NHQ), and the Air Headquarters Selection Board (AHQ).
- A medical appeal board deemed him medically unfit.
- Personnel withdrew, resigned, or were discharged from Armed Forces (Army, Navy, and Air Force) training academies/institutions on discipline, character, incompetence in medical care, a weak profile, or being declared unsuitable.
- Dismissed or removed from any other government position.
- A person with a judicial conviction for a moral turpitude crime.
- Providing false or inaccurate information on application forms
- In any preliminary test, screened out three times by the Army/Navy/Air Force
- Highly competitive salary package
- Free Medical treatment for self and family
- Training and posting in different cities in Pakistan
- Free accommodation and 50% waiver in fare by air or by train
- Internationally recognized courses
- Membership of the Air Force Officer Housing Scheme (AFOHS)
Candidates seeking to join the Pakistan Air Force as pilots must pass a series of tests to determine their capabilities. Here is a list of all the tests:
- The Intelligence and Academic Tests
- Medical Examination
- The Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB)
- Psychological Screening
- Outdoor Activities
- Group Test
- Candidate Assessment
Hopefully, You will find this article “GD Pilot Jobs in Pakistan Air Force 2023” very useful and informative. Feel free to share it with your friends and colleagues so that they can get benefit from it.
Q. What is the last date for applying for GD Pilot 154?
Ans: The last date to apply for GD Pilot is 24 August 2024.
Q. What is the age requirement to apply for GD Pilot 154 after intermediate?
Ans: The candidate must be between 16 and 22.
Q. Can Female candidates apply for GD Pilot 154?
Ans: Female candidates are also eligible to apply for GD Pilot 154. The requirements for female candidates are the same as those for male candidates.