Having a good education is of utmost importance to us. The Punjab government occasionally announces job openings for Assistant Education Officers. Before announcing jobs, the school education department makes a new recruitment policy.
In 2018, AEOs were hired last. However, the Punjab Education Minister, Dr. Murad Raas, has announced 16000 positions in 2022, for which a test will be conducted. Many jobs will be available for AEOs as well.
This article will provide helpful information about AEO tests, including past papers, exam tips, and sample questions. Many AEO (BPS-16) exam takers complain that there isn’t enough preparation material on the internet.
Note: The Punjab Board will Announce 2nd year result 2022 on 20th of October
To feel more confident when taking the AEO test (BPS-16), you should use the following preparatory materials. This article will provide valuable resources for the PPSC’s AEO exam.
In this article, you’ll learn about:
- Who is an AEO
- Roles and Responsibilities of an AEO
- Education department Organizational structure
- How to prepare for AEO exams
- Where to find jobs for AEO
- Tips for preparing for the AEO exam
- Resources for AEO exam (Download link)
Before we discuss how to prepare for the AEO Test, let’s first understand the AEO.
What Is an AEO Position
An Assistant Education Officer (AEO) is a Punjab Education Department member responsible for monitoring and analyzing government schools and improving their performance.
AEO is a tehsil level education officer. An AEO is responsible for primary schools and elementary schools as well. AEOs may sanction causal leaves for teachers. An AEO’s Markaz performance is determined by access and quality measurements.
Roles and Responsibilities of AEO
AEOs are assigned ten to fifteen schools based on the number of schools within a particular tehsil. Every AEO is responsible for inspecting, monitoring, and mentoring the primary and elementary schools in their Markaz.
To ensure that the education policies are implemented in their true spirit, he will visit every school twice or thrice a month. Moreover, he will be responsible for the following things.
- Ensure fairness and equity in school examinations.
- Maintain a high standard of education.
- Handle all service-related matters, including service records and performance evaluation reports.
- Taking responsibility for the results of students.
- Taking responsibility for the retention of the students in the schools.
- Provide suggestions for improving overall academic performance.
- His role will be to guide the teaching of the syllabus.
- Maintain up-to-date financial and administrative records.
- Assist the headteacher in maintaining the school’s records.
- Collaboration with the school teachers.
Education Department Organizational Structure
Deputy DEOs will be appointed above the AEOs in a tehsil. The AEO will collaborate with the teaching and non-teaching staff of the primary and elementary schools. There will be separate AEOs for girls’ and boys’ schools. Deputy DEOs can be either males or females. A DEO will oversee all deputy DEOs. The CEO will manage all district’s education officers.
How to Prepare For the AEO Exam
A comprehensive study plan for the test can help you master the knowledge needed for taking it and ultimately help you pass it with flying colors.
For every applicant, the Elementary School Educator Test is a cause for worry. People who need to pass the test would make all their efforts. Preparation for it will be not only challenging but also time-consuming. You will have to make a study plan and act accordingly. Don’t waste your time on useless activities on the internet.
Prepare notes by reading all the books and study materials provided by the Punjab textbook board. Notes are handy when you need to recall information during your tests. Then, review online resources like notes, past papers, and sample papers. Take as many tests as possible. These tests will help you best prepare for your exams.
Where to Find Jobs for the AEO
You can visit the website of the School Education department for the latest recruitment policy. Whenever there are job openings, there will be a revised recruitment policy.
If a new recruitment policy is available, jobs will be announced shortly. Moreover, you can also read newspapers, particularly “Jang” and “The Nation,” for the latest job advertisements. You can also visit PPSC’s official website for the latest job openings.
Tips for preparing for the AEO exam
We are sharing some valuable tips to prepare for the AEO exam. Follow these instructions, and ultimately you’ll pass the exam with flying colors.
- Read all the textbooks.
- Make a study plan for yourself.
- You can recall information more quickly if you prepare notes beforehand.
- You can learn from the internet, various test preparation websites, and groups, etc.
- This test also includes current affairs, so you should read newspapers daily.
- Learn some basic knowledge of computer science.
- Read books related to Islamic studies and general knowledge.
- Using past papers and sample papers, learn about the questions asked during the exams.
Resources for AEO Exam (Download Links)
Here are some of the download links where you can download sample papers and other helpful material to prepare for AEO exams. Download the resources and take your time to utilize all these resources. We wish you all the best for your exams.
Throughout this article, you will find a variety of information regarding AEO jobs and related resources. Now it’s your turn to utilize these resources and prepare for your exams. We wish you all the best for the upcoming jobs 2022.
If you have any questions, confusion, suggestions, or ideas, please leave a comment, and our team and active members will respond to you as soon as possible.
Q. What is the pay scale of AEO
Ans: Assistant Education Officers earn a salary of BPS-16 plus 30000 allowances.
Q. Can AEO serve as SST/SSE.
Ans: Yes, there is a possibility for AEOs who joined in 2016 to revert to SST/SSE.
Q. Is AEO Job suitable for an anti-social person.
Ans: No, the anti-social person will not be comfortable with this job.