The Law Admission Test (LAT) is an examination designed for those who wish to become law graduates and pursue careers in law. The test has been prescribed by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) at the direction of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
Law admission tests are required for admission to private and government-recognized universities. If you don’t pass the LAT, you will not be eligible for admission in LLB. Law graduates receive the degree of LLB, which is the basis for pursuing a career as a Lawyer, Consultant, Attorney, or Judge.
Check:- MDCAT result 2022 By Roll No
LAT-Law Admission Test 2022
As a prerequisite for admission to the five-year LLB program, the LAT test is important in determining an individual’s aptitude, keenness, and career aspirations. The HEC conducts the LAT every quarter.
Law Admission Test (LAT) will be conducted by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC Pakistan) from 2018 for admission to LLB five-year program in public and private sector universities and their affiliated colleges.
- Students who have earned the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or an equivalent grade 12 education
- HSSC or equivalent/Grade 12 students who are awaiting results from their final examination
How to Apply
- To register for the next coming test, please visit the following link: http://etc.hec.gov.pk.
- The exact date of the LAT is August 07, 2022.
- Once you create your profile using the “My Profile” section, you can submit your application via the “Law Admission Test” link on the menu panel on the left-hand sidebar of the online portal.
- The test fee is Rs. 1,250.
- After completing your profile on the HEC website, you should download the fee challan and deposit it into the following account: 1742 7900133401, Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Habib Bank Limited.
- Applicants must upload scanned copies of their fee challans before submitting their applications.
- It will not be entertained if the application is not submitted, is Incomplete, or is in saved mode.
- Only applications will be entertained whose application status is submitted.
- The test fee is not refundable.
HEC LAT Test Centers
HET LAT test will be conducted in major cities. Students can choose the center of their choice while applying for the LAT. Here is a list of centers.
Before applying, it is important to consider the following:
- From the above-mentioned centers, the applicant may select one.
- It is important to choose your center carefully. Once it is selected, it cannot be changed after registration.
Test Pattern and Syllabus for LAT
Law Admission Test (LAT) Having 12 years/ equivalent Education in any discipline syllabus and the test pattern is as follows. It will be a 100-mark test, and students will have 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete it.
This test has two parts.
Number of MCQs = 75
Time allowed = 100 minutes.
|Criteria and Subject Division||Marks||Nature of Questions|
|MCQs: General Knowledge||20|
|MCQs: Islamic Studies||10|
|MCQs: Pakistan Studies||10|
|MCQs: Math||5||Basic Math|
Time allowed = 40 minutes
Important Essays for L.A.T.
This section requires you to write a short, precise, and accurate essay. You should build up your vocabulary to get the most out of this portion.
We recommend writing your essay in English, but you can also write it in Urdu. Make sure you keep preparing the hot topics of current affairs.
Here are some topics to help you get ready for the L.A.T.
- Prophet Mohammad’s (S.A.W.) life
- Role of Technology in human life
- Why is the LAW important?
- Prevention and control of Coronavirus
Keep checking “theeducator.pk” for updates on the best topics to study for L.A.T.
Personal Statement Section for L.A.T.
This section allows you to share your personal opinions about the topics presented. It is recommended that you attempt this portion in English and don’t write as you usually do.
Try to complete this question in 200 words. Do not attempt both the Essay and Personal Statement first. Give first priority to the MCQs.
Documents Needed at the Center
The following documents are needed before entering the center.
- A print of roll no. Slip
- Original CNIC
- Deposited fee challan
Roll No Slips
- A week before the test date, applicants who register online through the HEC can download their Roll Number Slip from http://etc.hec.gov.pk and their registered email address.
- The test date, time, and venue will also be sent via email/SMS to registered applicants. Candidates must provide an email address and a mobile number on which they wish to receive their Roll Number Slips when filling out their online application forms.
When will the LAT result be announced?
The LAT result is announced after 30-40 days. LAT MCQ results in keys are announced one week after the test.
Hopefully, you will find the article “HEC LAT Test 2022 [Everything You Need To Know]” very useful and informative. Please feel free to share this article with others so that they may also get benefit from it.